Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving


The forth Thursday in November brings the smells of turkey roasting, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie! It brings more food than most of us could eat in an entire week alone. But that day is not supposed to be about the food we all enjoy so much or about the shopping that we partake in the next day, but it's supposed to be about what we are Thankful for. While you are enjoying your holiday dinner and skimming through the Black Friday ads, stop and think about those less fortunate. Those that do not have a family to celebrate with, a home to entertain in, or even food to eat. We need to be thankful that we have things that some people do not. We take for granted way too much in this world, one of which being our ability to stuff ourselves with food until the button pops off our pants tomorrow... when there are people out there in this country that can't even do that. We take for granted we can go shopping on Black Friday and buy gadgets and gizmos for our loved ones, when there are people out there who can't even afford to have heat in their place of living or even afford to put food on their tables on this ever so thankful day. So while you enjoy your Thanksgiving Day take a moment and say Thank You for allowing me to have all that I do, all that I will, and say a prayer for those that are less fortunate than you are and wish them the best this holiday season. I am THANKFUL for all that I have, for my followers, for my wins, for my family and friends, and most importantly for the fact that each and every morning I wake up and breath and can enjoy another day of this gift we have called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...