Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Day

Today is April 1st, it's the one day out of the year you can play a prank on your friends and really they can't get mad... because the day is all about pranks! I've had quite a few pranks played on me over the years, but the one that stands out the most was done by my cousin Jason - of course April 1st also being his birthday too. So Happy Birthday to You Jason! May you have a day filled with many pranks!

While working at a trucking company, who mind you we did all refrigerated freight and had refrigerated trailers, my phone rang one day... Ok not just one day, but April Fools Day. Upon answering the phone I heard a voice ask me "how much would it cost me to move freight from one end of Buffalo to the other". I proceeded to ask this caller the zip codes of from where to where in Buffalo. Our rates were sometimes based on a  flat rate to ship or per hour based on miles moved, time to load and unload, and any other delays there might be. There was a routine we had asking from where to where, weight, pallet count, and what the commodity is. So this caller begins to tell me that the weight was 200lbs, one pallet, and then went silent when stating what commodity was. Being myself, I kept asking I need to know the commodity. All the sudden I hear in a low voice "dead bodies" I go hmmm is this for the city corner? He goes no, they are bodies I need to bury for  myself. Trying to contain myself, of course the look on my face was probably of utter pricelessness I hear a little cackle on the phone and another voice in the background. One of which I now recognized. I was like Jason is that you? He starts laughing... some how some way he managed to keep his composure answering all my questions. I thought I had some loon on the phone.... nope just my cousin Jason playing a prank on me!

Have you ever had a prank played on you for April Fool's Day? If so what was it? I'm curious to hear what my followers have to say about pranks played on them....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...