Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Soda Stream Jet & Stream How I Adore You - REVIEW

I love my soda, but I am also a type II diabetic so I really need to watch what I eat and drink, not to mention I have wanted to become more environmentally friendly by ridding of all the plastic bottles in my home that I can. I came across an item thanks to twitter that I am absolutely thrilled to feature on my blog for my readers!! This product that has brought nothing but a smile to my face and a quench to my thirst has been the Soda Steam Jet & Stream System! Before I get into showing my love for this functional little goodness that sits on my counter I'd like to give you a history of the Soda Stream Company.

SodaStreamUSA has been around since 1903 and has evolved over the decades and even a century to build into one of the largest self carbonating home soda machines sold world wide. They are sold in over 42 countries and featured in over 50,000 retail stores. The mission is to offer a great tasting carbonated beverage to make in your home all while saving and protecting our environment and world from the wicked woes of plastic bottles. Their soda systems come with carbonation canisters that hook into the model of SodaStream you choose and feature re-usable bottles to make your favorite beverage in. Just one of their re-usable bottles saves 2000 plastic bottles and cans from contaminating our environment. As per SodaStreamUSA 's website these are the advantages of having a SodaStream machine in your home
  • "Convenience: No need to carry heavy bottles from the store. The SodaStream system is simple to use and requires no batteries or electricity.
  • Environmentally-Friendly: SodaStream is an "Active Green" solution that minimizes the huge eco-footprint caused by the manufacture, transport and waste of plastic bottles.
  • Variety: SodaStream offers over 100 flavors to suit everyone’s taste. Regular, diet, natural, fruity flavors, ice tea, energy drinks, sport drinks, tonic and many more.
  • Space Saver: No need to store bottles of beverages or empty bottles for recycling in your home.
  • Personalization: Make drinks just the way you love them… more bubbles, less bubbles, sweeter or lighter, even create your own flavor!
  • Family Fun: The system is quick and easy to use. It's fun for everyone and kids just love it!
  • Value for Money: Great savings compared to pre-packed carbonated water and beverages.
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed: SodaStream drinks makers are of extremely high quality and include a money-back satisfaction guarantee."
As you can see there are many reason to want one of these fancy little machines. The machines themselves come in a wide range of styles that fit your family's needs. I received the Soda Steam Jet & Stream System in Black for the purposes of writing this review. I couldn't have been more delighted to get it and have waited a few weeks to write this review because I wanted to give a good hunk of the flavoring syrups a try. The machine came with one 1 liter bottle. So I would make a flavor, we'd drink it, then I'd make another. This process has gone on for a few weeks now. Included with the Jet was a sample pack of flavors, along with a ton of 26.5oz & 16.5oz bottles flavorings for us to try.

Orange soda seems to be a huge hit in this house so we tried that first. The machine was easy to hook up and the directions well very user friendly. Screw in the carbonated bottle into the back, then screw in the re-usable bottle, press the button to carbonate your water (you can control the carbonation by how many times you press the carbonation button) unscrew the bottle from the machine, then simply add the flavoring you want. You can add as much or as little of the flavoring as you'd like depending on your tastes and preferences. I like this option, because the orange flavor is strong so I used less of it for the entire 1 liter bottle of Orange Soda/Pop. The orange tasted just like that of name brand orange soda/pop (of which I will not mention). Once the bottle was empty I simply ran warm water through it to clean it out and added cold water from my water filtered pitcher to make another flavor.

As of today the flavors that have been made, tried, and given TWO THUMBS up in this house have been Orange, Root Beer, Diet Cola, Diet Mr Pete, Green Tea with Pomegranate and Peach, Lemon Lime, and Ginger Ale. All of these flavors I was allowed to control the carbonation and flavoring in each bottle. I could see this machine being a huge hit and asset for the holidays as parties are going on. No running to the store to get more pop or soda for your guests to enjoy alone or as a mixed drink, just simply go to your kitchen and make up another bottle of it! The best part, the Soda Stream Jet fits right onto my kitchen counter. There are no plugs or wires, just the unit. The bottles fit nicely into my pantry while the unit itself fits perfectly onto my counter without crowding it. I LOVE this space saving gadget, ever since we moved we have moved into a place with a small kitchen and the Soda Stream fits right in!

If you would like to read more information on how Soda Stream USA is changing the way the world drinks soda and also saving our environment more can be seen on their site at..
Facebook SodaStreamUSA
Twitter - @SodaStream



I received a Soda Stream Jet Starter Pack, 26.5oz bottles of Black Current and Pear, Cola, and Root Beer, 16.5oz bottles of Energy, Diet Lemon-Lime,Diet Grapefruit, Cranberry Raspberry, Ginger Ale, Cola Free, and Green Tea Pomegranate Peach, and My Water Essence as compensation for this review. Receiving this huge pack has in no way influenced my opinions. All words expressed here are of my own thoughts and feelings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...