Friday, October 12, 2012

UNJUNK Your Halloween & Get UNREAL™ - REVIEW

Halloween will be here in a few weeks and kids will be out collecting mass amounts of candy trick-or-treating. It was this specific holiday and all of that hard earned trick-or-treat candy that drove a 13 year old kid to a desire to "unjunk the world".  Nicky Bronner had his Halloween candy confiscated by his parents which caused a feud. Nicky had then decided he wanted to take the junk out of candy and with the help of his father he set out to do so.  After Nicky connected with Chef Adam Melonas, came a many trial and error,  Nicky & Chef Melonas finally found the perfect recipe for unjunking junk food and the UNREAL™ Brands were brought to life. Nicky and Adam found the way to take the junk out of candy by eliminating the use of corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, artificial flavors, GMO's, and synthetic colors. They produced candy made from responsibly sourced ingredients such as traceable cacao beans, sustainable and organic palm kernel oil, dairy from free-range cows, all natural colors from plants like beets and red cabbage, eliminated 30% sugar, increased the protein to 60%, and added 250% more fiber than compared leading brands. UNREAL™ has indeed  UNJUNKED Candy!

I was sent the four candies picture right. From top to bottom & their nutritional facts are:
UNREAL™ 41 - Candy Coated Chocolates (42 grams)
• 190 calories, 19 grams of sugar, 10 grams of total fat, 6 grams
saturated fat, 24 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber and 4 grams
of protein per serving

UNREAL™ 54 - Candy Coated Chocolate with Peanuts (42 grams)

• 200 calories, 16 grams of sugar, 11 grams of total fat, 5 grams
saturated fat, 20 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber and 6 grams
of protein per serving

UNREAL™ 77 - Peanut Butter Cups (36 grams)
• 190 calories, 11 grams of sugar, 12 grams of total fat,

6grams saturated fat, 18 grams of carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 5

grams of protein per serving

UNREAL™ 5 - Chocolate Caramel Nougat Bar (45 grams)
• 170 calories, 19 grams of sugar, 7 grams of total fat, 4
grams saturated fat, 28 grams of carbs, 5 grams of fiber, 4
grams of protein per serving

Contained in this group or some of my absolute favorites - peanut butter cups and candy coated peanuts! Those are my candy craving treats of choice. I was not sure what to think when it came to the candy coated items. The colors were definitely different. I sat there looking at each piece before I ate it wondering what vegetable made that color! The candy shell had a different taste to it as well, perhaps because it has all natural ingredients in it as opposed to the junked up candy I was accustomed to eating. You could actually taste the peanut butter in the peanut butter cups! It was delightful to say the least. The chocolate is very smooth. These items are all different tasting. I've heard mixed reviews on them, some like the taste and some don't. You have to take a chance and try them yourself. I happen to love the way they taste and knowing that the ingredients are all UNJUNKED just made me want to eat more candy! After-all  was that not the original brainstorm of an idea? Candy that you can eat more of? Do keep in mind, this candy does contain a lot of fiber, so you can limit your fiber intake on the days you decide to snack. 

Ever since testing out the UNREAL™ Brands candy I've told all of my friends with little kids about it. How this would be a great trick-or-treat item. How there are actually health benefits to eating this candy. I have two little boys next door to me and the one has a lot of allergies, once I let their Mother read the information on the candy she had decided to head on down to Walgreens and get some for the boys to try out. They also loved it! The oldest one was happy that he could again eat candy and chocolate with out having an allergic reaction! We get a few kids trick-or-treating being here in this complex, so I'm going to go out searching for this candy in mini format. I'm told that it's in stores now and believe this would be a wonderful treat to give kids this Halloween season! I also want to share my knowledge of the UNREAL™  Brands with parents who bring their kids here for Halloween. I'd love to see this candy in every kids candy sack this year. 

My other thought on UNREAL™ Brands is in regards to Diabetics. I'm a type II Diabetic, this candy did not spike my blood sugar in the least. Finally I can sit here and enjoy some delightful snacks all while not worrying about my blood sugar rising.

The UNREAL™  Brands compares in price to similar candy products. You won't have to empty your wallet to indulge on an unjunked treat! They are available in stores across the country. I've seen the items in Walgreens and CVS so far. Hoping to see the items in more stores in the future.

I'm giving UNREAL™ Brands TWO THUMBS UP! They have gained my approval and I hope that they will gain the approval of parents, kids, and candy lovers around the world! UNJUNK Your Halloween this year and get UNREAL™!

You can read up more on the story of UNREAL™ Brands along with more information on their website here. Become a fan of the brand on Facebook by liking the UNREAL™  page here and Follow them on Twitter @getunreal

Disclosure: I was provided the above picture samples of UNREAL  Brands candy along with fact sheets for the purposes of this review. All opinions on this post are 100% my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...