Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Progresso®'s Two New Creamy Light Soups - REVIEW

It's pretty much almost fall time which equates to more soup consumption. Soup is pretty much a staple in my household during the fall and now I have two new soups to enjoy. One of which I've fallen in taste love with - Creamy Potato with Bacon & Cheese and Chicken Pot Pie Style! Tell me  your mouth didn't just water and stomach growl just a tad?  Did the waist band of your pants tighten up hearing creamy? Well fear heavy creamy soups no more. These two soups are part of Progresso®'s new Light Creamy soup campaign that is endorsed by Weight Watchers®. Each soup carries 2 PointsPlus value per serving allowing everyone from a stay at home Mom to Weight Watchers® Members to enjoy a creamy scrumptious low calorie lower sodium delight without sacrificing taste.


I have fallen in love with creamy soups once again. There had come a point in time I became so calorie conscience that I would avoid eating any type of creamy soup, not because they didn't taste just absolutely wonderful, but because they were full of calories due to the heaviness of the "creamy" part. When I was asked to be a part of this tasting campaign I couldn't click yes and verify my information quick enough. I have always been a loyal fan and consumer of anything Progresso® and here in front of me was the opportunity to try what was being deemed Light & Creamy with less calories than other ready-to-serve soups.

I've had the chance to try both of these soups (due to a cold front that came through. A few days there turned into major soup days) and am excited to share my thoughts of what my taste buds felt!

First I tried the Light Creamy Potato with Bacon & Cheese - as per MyInsite this is the description of what the soup should be "boasts pieces of potato with savory bacon and rich cheese". The description of this soup is spot on! It was delightful, to say the least. The potato pieces were bite size and small, the bacon was not over powering, and the cheese was rich, but not too rich that it wasn't enjoyable. The soup had nice smooth creamy texture that wasn't thick, but perfectly creamy smooth. This soup was just 100% pure enjoyment in a can. After all isn't the saying bacon makes everything better? Out of the two soups the Light Creamy Potato with Bacon & Cheese was my favorite.

Then the next day it was onto trying the Light Chicken Pot Pie Style - again as per MyInsite this is the description of what the should is "offers homestyle taste with generous cuts of white meat chicken, hearty potatoes, and class vegetables".  This soup was good, but I had to add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to it to give it a little umphf. It contains all the right ingredients of a normal pot pie, maybe I was just expecting something different. Don't take this the wrong way thinking I didn't like the soup, I truly did to be honest, but would I buy it? I'm not too sure to be honest. It had the same perfectly creamy texture as the other soup and wasn't too thick. I think maybe it could have had a little bit more chicken init along with more veggies because it seemed I was getting more creaminess than any chick or veggies. Again, this is just my opinion and I'm sure others will have a different one. If you are looking for a light low calorie snack or lunch this would be perfect for you.

As part of the MyInsite Progresso® Light Soup campaign they are offering my followers a money saving coupon that can be used towards the purchase of four cans of any variety Progresso® Light Soup. You can print a $1.25 off 4 here or if you don't have a printer or are not near a printer you can email me at kathyscalmtochaoselife(at)gmail.com with the subject line "Progresso® Light Soups" and your name and mailing address and I can mail you a coupon (to  which I was provided 8 of them from MyInsite)

Disclosure: I was provided product samples and coupons for Progresso® Light from Progresso® through MyInsite. Weight Watchers® is a registered trademark, information about them was by General Mills through MyInsite. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...